Hundreds of people drown every year in the UK, and most of them had NO intention of going in the water.
In just one year:
- 77 people drowned when out for a walk or run
- 12 people drowned after jumping in to water
- 11 people drowned when swimming in open water
- 11 people drowned when fishing
- 18 men drowned after drinking on a night out
- …and the list goes on, and on!
It’s suitable for all ages, and contains loads of information on dangers from water, and how to rescue someone who’s in trouble. It takes 20-30 minutes to do the online course… You even get a FREE certificate when you finish.
We have a vision where nobody drowns accidentally in our rivers, lakes and reservoirs.
We’re working with partners to get the message out, but YOU can spread the word by sharing this to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat or your own website, or download the course and do it at your school, club or office.