As news comes to light of fines being imposed on some major UK Charities because of illegal sharing of personal data, we wanted to make clear what data we hold on our donors and supporters, and how we use it.
We will never sell, trade or disclose any donor’s personal details to other charities, marketing agencies or members of our own charity who are not directly involved in fundraising management.
- If you donated by text message we do not receive any of your personal details.
- If you made a payment by Paypal your transaction details, name and address are stored on Paypal’s servers and not copied anywhere to us except to write a thank-you letter. We do not keep copies of individual letters.
- If you made a payment by Givey we do not received any of your personal details.
- If you made a payment by the NowDonate or TotalGiving websites then your name and address are stored on their secure servers and used to help us claim Gift Aid from the Government.
- If you signed up to our supporter list then your name and email are stored on our secure MailChimp account and nowhere else.